Powerfly 5 is a highly capable electric mountain bike for a great value. It pairs a high-end Bosch e-MTB drive system with durable mountain bike components built to stand up to the trail. Plus, it features our user-friendly Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system that fully encases the battery in the frame, yet doesn't require tools for removal. This bike is versatile, capable, and ready for adventure.
It's right for you if...
You've seen the e-bike light and want to expand your boundaries. Like us, you believe nothing should stand between you and your next great ride, including big climbs, headwinds, rugged trails you wouldn't otherwise be able to explore.
The tech you get
A lightweight and durable Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame that fully encases a 500Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a new Bosch Performance CX 250-watt motor that assists up to 20 mph, and an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller. A RockShox Recon RL fork with 120mm of travel and a SRAM SX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain.
The final word
The best Bosch mountain bike electric assist system available on a value-minded e-MTB built with durable, reliable parts. The drivetrain, suspension, and components deliver solid all-around performance, so you can commute to the trailhead and then spend all day riding.
Why you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not.
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage.
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain.
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike.
- The size S frame features a curved top tube that makes standing over the bike easier. Plus, Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits—29" wheels on larger frames, 27.5" wheels on smaller frames.
|Motor||NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 75Nm|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube, vertical, 500wh|
|Max Assisted Speed||20mph|
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, Motor Armor|
|Fork||RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, e-MTB optimized, tapered steerer, 46mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 120mm travel|
Front: alloy axle, Boost 110, 15mm thru axle
Rear: alloy axle, Boost 148, 12mm thru axle
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Kovee, double-wall, Tubeless Ready, 32-hole, 23mm width, presta valve|
Front: Bontrager sealed bearing, 6-bolt
Rear: Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub
|Tires||Bontrager XR3 Comp|
|Crankset||SRAM X1 1000, 36T|
|Chain||SRAM SX Eagle, 12 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM SX Eagle|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed|
|Shifters||SRAM SX Eagle single-click, 12 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree|
|Brakes||Tektro HD-M275 hydraulic disc w/203mm rotors|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Saddle||Bontrager Commuter Comp, 165mm width|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Solid Charcoal/Volt / Small / 27.5-inch||601842197226||593120|
|Solid Charcoal/Volt / Medium / 29-inch||601842197219||593121|
|Solid Charcoal/Volt / Large / 29-inch||601842197202||593122|
|Solid Charcoal/Volt / X-Large / 29-inch||601842197196||593123|
|Trek Black/Viper Red / Small / 27.5-inch||601842197264||593116|
|Trek Black/Viper Red / Medium / 29-inch||601842197257||593117|
|Trek Black/Viper Red / Large / 29-inch||601842197240||593118|
|Trek Black/Viper Red / X-Large / 29-inch||601842197233||593119|